- Stimulate the interest of pupils in the learning of mathematics.
- Develop pupils’ understanding and acquisition of basic mathematical concepts and computational skills.
- Develop pupils’ creativity, and their ability to think, communicate and solve problems.
- Develop pupils’ number sense and spatial sense, and their ability to appreciate patterns and structures of number and shapes
- Enhance pupils’ lifelong learning abilities through basic mathematical knowledge.
Annual undergraduate concerns
- Enhance students’ motivation to learn and develop self-learning math.
- Establish a school-based program or activity that meets the needs of students so that students can maintain their confidence and develop a sense of accomplishment. (Task)
- Arrange for students to learn tasks independently, in the learning process to give students the choice of space, enhance sense of ownership. (Authority)
- Textbooks in English, bilingual teaching: In order to enable students to learn English vocabulary, and build confidence in non-Chinese speaking students to learn Mathematics. Primary one to six mathematics textbooks in English, with bilingual teaching.
- Student-centered, contact life experience: Undergraduate student-centered, through a variety of activities, the learning content and student experience linked to enable students to apply mathematical knowledge in their daily lives, improve their interest in learning mathematics and the development of cognitive skills.
- A variety of assessment: In addition to the assessment, testing and rating, a 1-3 levels implemented measure, to allow teachers with a deeper understanding of student learning, so as to provide appropriate guidance to students more effectively, and promote their effective learning.
- Rapid calculation of training: Rapid calculation training allows students to calculate faster, more accurate.
- Problem-solving activities: In order to develop students ‘ critical thinking, problem-solving thinking and creative thinking, problem-solving activities in primary four enable students to understand the more problem-solving strategies, such as trial and error, lists, graphics, and so on.
- Self-directed learning: Implementation of “learning through reading” in primary three, in order to enhance students ‘ interest in reading mathematics books and self-study ability. Encourage students to use the e-learning platform improve students ‘ math skills and promote autonomous learning ability.Moodle LMS was established to provide more self-study opportunities for primary three to six student.
- Gifted training: The school has gifted training classes in primary three to six and encourages students to participate in all competitions outside the school.
- Tutorial: We have tutoring classes in Primary 2 -6 to provide appropriate counseling for under performing students.